A lot of people think that being a copywriter means you spend all your time “writing to persuade.”
Stuff like, “Buy now! This offer won’t last long!” — that sort of thing.
That stereotype is wrong, and it’s quickly becoming outdated thanks to people like my friend Marian.
Marian makes a living doing copywriting for business’ websites. But she doesn’t write what most people would normally consider “sales copy.”
Instead, Marian has made an art (and a lucrative business) of helping her clients tell their business’ story.
In fact, she does it so well that she can charge top dollar for it, and stay busy enough that she gets to choose which clients to work with.
In this brand new episode of the FTW podcast, Marian is spilling the beans on how she does it. You’ll learn:
- How Marian charges top dollar for her writing — without promising to increase clients’ sales
- Why she stays away from the word “conversions”
- The type of web content she is quickly becoming well known (and well paid) for
- The secret sauce that makes her work stand out from the crowd
- Why more and more copywriters are choosing not to offer Sales Letter writing as one of their services
- The surprising trick Marian used to help her Upwork profile appear unique
- Why she unapologetically turns away some potential clients
- The bizarre way she “accidentally” got a $550/day client
- Why half of her work is spent not writing
- An easy and effective hack for being a better copywriter
- Marian’s advice to freelancers who want to do what she’s doing
- What she says to clients who want to negotiate on price
And much more…
Ep 006: “Meet Marian, the non-sales writer who charges $115/hr on Upwork” with Marian Schembari
Marian’s website: http://marianlibrarian.com/
Next episode: Coming soon!