If you can do freelance web design for $80/hr, your life changes.
You don’t worry about getting a job. Or keeping a job.
People need you, and they’re willing to pay.
You might think you can’t be an $80/hr freelance web designer.
That’s OK. Tsavo Neal didn’t either.
In college, he majored in history. He thought you needed to be a math geek to work with computers.
Nor does he consider himself “artistic” — even though he proceeded to teach himself graphic design…from scratch.
I was surprised to find out he only started on Upwork a year ago, charging $15/hr…
And even more surprised when I found out about the counterintuitive approach he used to start getting jobs on Upwork — with no portfolio and no work experience.
Now he charges $80/hr, and I doubt he’ll stop there.
I got Tsavo to sit down and tell me exactly how he did it. You can hear it all on today’s brand-new episode of the Freelance To Win podcast.
- How Tsavo taught himself freelance web design in just one month
- How he stands out from his competitors
- The surprising approach he used for getting his first clients
- Why you don’t need to be a web design expert to start a freelance web design business
- How he charges more than his more-experienced competitors
- The simple observation that led to a steady stream of Upwork job invitations from awesome clients
- Why most freelancers charge too little — and how to get over that hurdle
- One single word that allows Tsavo to charge more
- The big mistake that holds most freelancers back
- Why Tsavo no longer sees freelancing as “something you do before you get a job”
Episode 003: “He taught himself web design…and now he charges $80/hr on Upwork” with Tsavo Neal
Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
Ramit Sethi of I Will Teach You To Be Rich
Tsavo’s new site: http://tsavoneal.com/
Previous episode: “How to make $130/hr on Upwork” with Josh Margulies